Undermining religious freedom will undermine the good society we have. Why should we do that just to appease people with unusual sexual practices?
Regarding the issue of religious freedom Marriage Alliance submits in broad terms that:
• religious freedom is a human right which is recognised as being of primary importance;
• there is no recognised human right to same-sex marriage;
• speaking of religious freedom in terms of “exemptions” indicates a misunderstanding of the nature of the right to religious freedom;
• religious freedom is a right afforded to all people, and not only to “ministers of religion, marriage celebrants and religious bodies and organisations”; and
• there are real threats to religious freedom in the event of redefinition of marriage, and these would exist despite attempts by legislators to protect it.
Read their full submission to the Senate HERE
Every child comes from and needs BOTH a mother and a father. Same-sex "marriage" intentionally keeps either a mother or a father from the child. Government should protect the child through upholding traditional marriage.
There is “a time to be silent, and a time to speak”. (Ecclesiastes 3:7). Now is the time to speak, so please speak up and defend children, truth and freedom. Craig Manners
“What the world needs most is a voice that courageously speaks the truth, not when the world is right, but a voice that speaks the truth when the world is wrong.” Fulton Sheen
True marriage offers true equality for children. Every child comes from and needs BOTH a Mum and a Dad. Every human being has dignity and deserves respect. All sorts of relationships can be respected at law without having to change marriage laws. In fact that has been the case legally for many years. The simple fact remains though that not every relationship is marriage.