Undermining religious freedom will undermine the good society we have. Why should we do that just to appease people with unusual sexual practices?
Regarding the issue of religious freedom Marriage Alliance submits in broad terms that:
• religious freedom is a human right which is recognised as being of primary importance;
• there is no recognised human right to same-sex marriage;
• speaking of religious freedom in terms of “exemptions” indicates a misunderstanding of the nature of the right to religious freedom;
• religious freedom is a right afforded to all people, and not only to “ministers of religion, marriage celebrants and religious bodies and organisations”; and
• there are real threats to religious freedom in the event of redefinition of marriage, and these would exist despite attempts by legislators to protect it.
Read their full submission to the Senate HERE
Every child comes from and needs BOTH a mother and a father. Same-sex "marriage" intentionally keeps either a mother or a father from the child. Government should protect the child through upholding traditional marriage.
Please Speak Up Australia. Defend Children and Freedom.
The Freedom Files